Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I am Back On-Line

Meet my new best friend. His name is Wael Gergis. He is a computer wizzard. He and his brother have a small computer business, setting up computers for folks like me, and selling internet services. He was over to my new apartment this evening to set up the router and get the internet service established. Now this may not sound like it requires a guru to do these things. But you must remember this is Egypt and things are done a bit differently here. Besides Wael speaks very good English in addition to his native Arabic so he can interface with the internet company far better than I can--seeing as I only know what I call Taxi Arabic--go left, right, straight ahead, and stop here please. So Wael--pronounced like whale--was a very big help. He said he would call from time to time to see how things are working. I hope I don't need him to return, but it is nice to know he is available. He works with many of the folks at school and is a known quantity and trusted. I liked him.

1 comment:

  1. Oooooohhhhhh. You had a man in your apartment. I hope you had your head covered.

    Guess now that you are on line we might get a phone call. (Hint hint.) There are two little ones here who would love to say hi to grandma.

    ReplyDelete