Saturday, August 15, 2009

Going Back to Cairo


I am returning to Cairo for another year. My mother laments this fact, as she was looking forward to having me around more and has some trouble understanding what facinates me about Cairo. My husband will be joining me later in the school year.

I am returning just in time to get my new apartment organized before school starts, as well as get a few things done before Ramadan begins on the 21st of August.

Ramadan will run from August 21, through Sept 19 this year. I was not at school last year for Ramadan so it will be interesting to see how school handles things like the lunch room. Not all our students are Muslim so the daylight fasting does not apply to everyone.

It will be interesting to see how Ramadan is celebrated in a Muslim country. The cloth in the picture is printed especially for this holiday, although it is used for celebrations at other times of the year as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment